FAQs and Planning Your Visit
Studfold Adventure Trail is one of the most magical family days out you could wish for in the Yorkshire Dales. Here are some helpful answers to any questions you might have, and a list of our planning tips, to help you get the most out of your trip.
Q: Is Studfold suitable for everyone?
A: Our Adventure Trail and Fairy Village has been designed to appeal to families with pre-school and primary school-aged children. Please enquire about suitability for wheelchairs as much of the trail is Dales hill grass and gravel.
Q: Can I bring a pushchair?
A: Yes, Studfold's Adventure Trail and Fairy Village are accessible to all-terrain buggies, but not suitable for small wheels that cannot be pushed over grass, gravel and up steps.
Q: Can I bring a barbeque?
A: Unfortunately barbeques are not allowed, however you can bring a picnic and use the dedicated picnic area while enjoying the fabulous Yorkshire views.
Q: Do you cater for school and group visits?
A: Yes! We welcome visits from schools and groups on weekdays during term times. Each year, we can offer 25 groups free entry! Please call 01423 755084 to find out more.
Q: Do we need to book?
A: Yes, it is now essential to book your Trail visit in advance using our online booking system. This allows us to limit the number of visitors on the Trail at any one time, ensuring everyone has a fantastic experience. For school parties and groups, please book in advance by calling 01423 755084.
Q: Are gift vouchers available?
A: Yes, gift vouchers can be purchased through our Trail booking system. Simply click on the 'Book trail' button at the top of the page. You can either buy an Experience Voucher which covers the full cost of a visit or a voucher for your chosen amount (e.g. £10) – the choice is yours.
Q: Do you have a cafe?
A: Yes. The Nidderdale Way Cafe is open 9am until 4.30pm, each day that the Adventure Trail is open (8.30am Saturday and Sunday), from Saturday 27th March 2021, every weekend, including Bank Holiday Mondays, and school holidays, until we close on Sunday 26th September 2021.
Q: What school holiday dates do you open on weekdays?
A: All North Yorkshire school holidays, as follows:
- Easter: Saturday 27 March 2021 to Sunday 11 April 2021
- Bank Holiday Weekend: Saturday 1st May to Monday 3rd May 2021
- Spring Bank: Saturday 29th May until Sunday 6th June 2021
- Summer: Saturday 24th July until Sunday 5th September 2021
Planning your visit
To get the most out of your visit to Studfold, we recommend bringing, if you can, the following with you:
- Comfortable, walking footwear and clothing to suit the changeable weather
- A picnic! Or you can order a picnic when you arrive from our Nidderdale Way Cafe for free delivery to the picnic and play area on the Trail. Please contact the cafe for more information, at email@example.com
- Printable Studfold Activity Sheets (downloadable from home, not available to pick up in the shop or Reception)
- A pencil and a camera
- A little toy from home for the treasure, swap box (something small, like a McDonalds Happy Meal toy is ideal)
- Your own ideas! The Woodland Trust website contains a huge variety of seasonal downloadable fun countryside ideas of more things you can do in the great outdoors
- An interest in exploring the countryside and all its natural wonders!
- A smiley, happy face!